Vertical Plantscapes new cutting edge design of green roofing equals successful and fast installation. Vertical Plantscapes - Living Walls is one of the most experenced living roof companies in South Africa.
Lightweight - can be as light as 50kg sqm (saturated
weight) with 50mm depth. NB 70mm-100mm is recommended
for long term plant health and sustainability. A green
roof can weigh less than gravel.
Modular - easy & fast to install
DIY or commercial scale of installation
Removable - Easy to replace with minimal plant disturbance (up to
Improved new design of the base
layer creates excellent air flow and drainage
Bio-blanket aids root anchorage and efficiently
wicks water throughout the panels whilst retaining water
for plant health
Custom planting available (native plants and
Also known as eco-roofs, vegetated roofs and living roofs, green roofs provide many ecological and aesthetic benefits, including:
- Controlling storm water runoff, erosion and pollution
- Improving water quality
- Great stormwater control and mitigation whilst removing toxins before they reach our drains
- Mitigating urban heat-island effects, cooling and cleaning the air
- Bio-diversity is naturally increased bringing back nature with it's soothing and sound absorbing qualities
- Conserving energy
- Reducing sound reflection and transmission
- Reducing heating and cooling energy costs
- Improving the aesthetic environment in both work and home settings
- Increased insulation giving savings in air-conditioning costs.
- Hiding unsightly flat roofs with greenery
- Evapo-transpiration of the plants cools the surrounding heat gain from conventional flat roofs
- Low maintenance although a drip line keeps the roof verdant
- Extends the life of your waterproof membrane up to 3 times
Not just relegated to the roof - these vegetation carriers
can immediately transform a barren courtyard without
digging up the concrete. And when you no longer need
for your instant garden - simply remove and transport
to another site (up to 150mm planting depth suitable
to transport). The modules can take up to a metre of
substrate on them!
Green Roof Product Page
Research is always on going and have been conducting trials on the newer modular and non-modular green roofing systems and substrate/soil mixtures.
Green Roof Myths